Re: Black mensural notation

From: Benkő Pál
Subject: Re: Black mensural notation
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 15:43:22 +0100

hi all,

> As for how to proceed from here, I'm not quite sure, since "my" system
> now stands rather outside the normal architecture and its development
> process, and since consolidating it further would probably duplicate
> some of the work Pál has been doing on the white notation. Probably the
> most elegant thing would be if it was possible to merge some of the
> logic of my ligature processing (with the plicas, pes shapes and
> currentes) into the standard ligature engraver Pál has been improving?
> But for that, I'd need somebody to help me with integrating the black
> glyph primitives into the standard font system and make them accessible
> from the normal engravers. I can't say I've really understood much of
> that architecture yet.

I will work on the ligature stuff, but I'm quite slow;
regarding other shapes, I have to look very thoroughly
through the existing gregorian support and your stuff.
What I like best are the Ars subtilior flags; however,
that is a part which confuses me quite a bit.  In particular,
what I've added as coloratio / black mensural notation
support is really just the heads, the flagging must be
hacked around as I wrote in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2010-11/msg00212.html

regards,