Re: lilypond authors, release notes, announcements

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lilypond authors, release notes, announcements
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 11:37:09 +0100

It looks like we're getting close to the first release candidate.

- could any new contributors check:
   http://lilypond.org/authors.html
to make sure they're there?  if you have git access, you should
be in "development team", and choose your own title.  If not,
you should be listed in "current contributors", in whichever
categories you think is relevant.
Our list of translators looks particularly slim.
Send patches for:
   Documentation/included/authors.itexi

- who wants to write release notes?  Do it in the same style as
   previous ones.  Keep it brief because various places have
   size limits.

- based on the written policy:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/contributor/major-release-checklist
   - we're not using any potential requirements.
   - I'm not paying any attention to "unsorted" stuff.  In
     particular, I'm not going to send any announcements anywhere
     other than lilypond.org.  If you think we should be sending
     announcements, then start making/updating a list.
Since I haven't been very active on the LilyPond lists the last year, I think it would be appropriate to remove my name from the "Current development team" list.

After a computer upgrade, my certificates to the git repository don't work anymore and I gave up trying to fix it, so for the moment I don't have any working git access. Could I please ask Graham or some other kind soul to edit the file and move my name to an appropriate place (perhaps the trash bin :-) ).

Regards

    /Mats