Re: lilypond authors, release notes, announcements

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond authors, release notes, announcements
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 10:13:59 +0000

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 10:09:27AM +0000, James wrote:
> Marc,
> What I think we need actually - slightly off topic - is a nice
> LilyPond-glyph similar in essence to when you see the word 'Latex'
> in a body of text. I suppose some would call it a 'logotype' or
> colophon.
>
> tagline = \markup { "Engraved by \musicglyph #"scripts.lilylogo" }

I've mused about trying to create a logo using the markup
commands.  If you think about all the graphical ones, plus music
glyphs, there's a lot of options.  The "d" could be a rotated bass
clef, the ls could be compressed treble clefs, the p could be a
half note, etc.  Or simply just using some artistic black and
white shapes and the like.

I'm not terribly graphically artistic, so I always gave up after 5
minutes... but I think it could be cool to have a lilypond-created
logo (which we could call with \lilypond inside a markup).

Cheers,
- Graham