Re: development on windows

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: development on windows
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 18:48:01 -0500

Graham Percival wrote:
On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 05:50:15PM -0500, Jonathan Kulp wrote:
Success!  Ok here's what I have:

lilybuntu.iso (717 MB)

And what's that when you gzip or bzip2 it?  This could potentially
cut the network transfer by more than half.

Cheers,
- Graham

I did bzip2 without any flags and it compressed to 710 MB--not really worth the trouble of having to decompress on the receiving end. Same result with standard "zip". I think this thing is already pretty compressed. When remastersys is creating the .iso, it runs a program called "squash," (I think that's what it's called) which is why it's only 717 MB instead of the 2.7 GB that it becomes when installed on the hard drive.

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com