Re: compiling

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: compiling
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 09:25:15 +1000

On Tuesday 28 August 2007 03:08, c.m.bryan wrote:
> Update: make check ends with the following:
>
> ----
> Processing...
> Running lilypond.../home/chris/Desktop/lilypond-2.11.30/out/bin/lilypond:
> Symbol `scm_i_freelist' has different size in shared object, consider
> re-linking
> GNU LilyPond 2.11.30
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> ----
>
> Any clues?

It looks as though you compiled against one version of guile and are linking
against another.

Is there a particular reason that you are trying to compile? Compiling
lilypond is fairly involved and we try to discourage it. There are binary
packages on the lilypond website that should work on Feisty.

Joe