Re: German updates with problems

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: German updates with problems
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 22:01:43 +0200

Le samedi 01 septembre 2007 à 21:22 +0300, Till Rettig a écrit :
[snip]
> find ./out-www -name '*.html' | xargs grep -L --label=""
> 'UNTRANSLATED
> NODE: IGNORE ME' | sed 's!./out-www/!!g' | xargs /usr/bin/python
> ../../../buildscripts/mass-link.py --prepend-suffix .de
> hard ./out-www
> /home/till/Documents/Lilypond/Doc/komp/Documentation/user/./out-www
> lilypond.pdf
> mass-link.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "../../../buildscripts/mass-link.py", line 64, in <module>
>     map (force_link, sourcefiles, destfiles)
>   File "../../../buildscripts/mass-link.py", line 62, in force_link
>     link (src, dest)
> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
> make[4]: *** [local-WWW] Error 123
[snip]

It complains about a missing file or directory.  Can you check
if /home/till/Documents/Lilypond/Doc/komp/Documentation/user/./out-www ?
This is one possible problem, but it may also be a bug in mass-link.py.
In case you haven't done a clean build, run 'make clean', 'make
web-clean', then make and 'make web' to see if the error happens again.

> Compiling the docs that are on lilypond/translation is succesful, so it
> has to be the changes I did. I adjusted the links in the
> introduction.itely where I did the main changes, but that didn't help
> much, the error message retains the same. So I send the patches to you
> anyway, but I guess we should first find out about the mistake before
> applying them. :-(

I don't know exactly what/where the mistake is.  Translated docs are
recompiled each time 'make web' runs; I tried 'make web' witHi John,

> maybe it was good that I didn't send you the patch directly. I indeed
> get some failure message but I don't have a clue what it tells me. It
> compiles fine the German pdf but then the process stops (is it about
> doing the html-docu?). These are the last messages:
h your two patches without cleaning first, and it succeeded.  That's why your
two patches are on lilypond/translation :-).  I'll try a clean docs build later
to be sure.

Cheers,
John