Re: DOS-based Windows users, please test

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: DOS-based Windows users, please test
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 00:58:28 -0700

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

Brynne and Russ Jorgensen writes:

Sorry I didn't get this tested sooner, but I have now tried it, and I
get the same results as Paul
I hope you have seen my success (based on your suggestions) by now. I haven't been sending copies to people who were subscribed but maybe I should anyway.

Batch files like that (I need to parameterize the file name but I don't have access to that machine now) should work in combination with the relevant file association registry entries on any version of MS Windows.

Ok.  We may just need to build two executables, a lilypond-gui (with
-mwindows) and a lilypond-console (without -mwindows).
What are these?

On DOS based windowses, we'll always use the lilypond-console, also
when invoked from the gui, and we'll have the flashing dos box...
and these?

Paul