Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Potential of the Sleepycat License

From: Bob Jonkman
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Potential of the Sleepycat License
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 15:11:43 -0400

So, to play devil's advocate: The new licence provides all the same
freedoms to the user as xGPL licenses, and gives the developer the
additional freedom to choose any other license that must also give
users and developers the same freedoms as an xGPL license. But if that
other license must provide the same freedoms as xGPL then it's
essentially a duplicate of xGPL, so the developer might as well choose
the xGPL in the first place since that gives the same freedoms.

- --Bob.