Re: [Jailkit-users] How to jail Opera or Firefox...?

From: Olivier Sessink
Subject: Re: [Jailkit-users] How to jail Opera or Firefox...?
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 22:46:52 +0200

Hubert Havel wrote:

> Hi Olivier,
>
>   Thank you for your directions.
>   Just to be sure that I am taking the correct approach to jail firefox;
>   this is a rough outline on how I envision this can be safely
>   implemented using Jailkit:
[..]

not sure if that would work

what I do is

ssh -X address@hidden /usr/bin/firefox

the ssh daemon will help to set up X forwarding. user jane should be
configured to have jk_chrootsh as shell. Inside the jail, user jane
should have jk_lsh as shell. inside the jail jk_lsh should be configured
to allow firefox execution.

so I use a different user for firefox.

>   (Question 3: In additional to xauth, firefox and ssh modules, is
>   there a networking module (e.g. kinternet) that I would need
>   to jail so that Firefox would be able to access the internet from
>   the jail?)

you need basic networking, see jk_init or jk_init.ini for the files that
are needed for basic networking.

regards,