Re: read mail in mbox files

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: read mail in mbox files
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 17:15:53 +0100

Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:

> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:

>>> So the format *was* Maildir.
>>
>> The format of what? The format used by nnml is surely is not Maildir. If
>> you want to access something in the Maildir format, you should use
>> nnmaildir. Which is what I was trying to say, and what I - frankly -
>> thought we agreed on. I guess not.
>
> Aha : that was a misread. I thought you were offering nnmaildir as
> another option.

>>> What you see is there is my nnml config. I have nothing else.
>>
>> You could be missing something ;-)
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> Nothing else nnml in my init.el or my custom.el.
>>
>> So nothing in your entire Emacs configuration mentions ~/.emacs.d/ or
>> ~/.emacs.d/Mail?
>>

> Nothing with regard to nnml ...
>
> Maybe I am being overly optimistic to think that setting nnml-directory
> to ~/Mail is enough to ensure that nnml is in , err, ~/Mail ;)
>
> When its working perfectly I'll come back ..

problem solved.

gnus-message-archive-method was, as documented, expanded into real
methods in the .newsrc.eld.

gnus-update-message-archive-method was set to t but this does
not alter the archive methods in the newsrc if you alter something like
nnml-directory. I removed the offending parts of the .newsrc.eld by hand
(always hairy) and now have it all "clean as a whistle".

Oh yes, one other typo cause an issue : nndraft-directory works better
than nndrafts-directory ... ;)