help-vcdimager

[VCDImager] mux problem

From: Edson Reis
Subject: [VCDImager] mux problem
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:33:06 +0300

Hi all,

I'm using vcdimager to built vcd's and svcd's successfully after some trials, but i still have one obscure point:

Afert converting files captured on my dv camera (movies and pitures converted to movies), edited and converted to mpeg 1 or 2 (for vcd's or svcd's), using the (i suppose) right bitrate on them, then i have a problem:

- If i use mplex to join audio and video, the vcd (or svcd) generated by vcdimager does not plays correctlly on
 some standalone DVD's player;

- If i use tcmplex to join audio and video, everthing is fine, even if the bitrate is higher and a bit above the
 vcd (or svcd) specification!

To do this tests i've tryed the "worst" players i could get, asking for friends to try to play my medias.

I'm writing this to try to find someone that knows:

- what are the real specification for an vcd (or svcd) and;
- how to test it - i just play it using xine (actually gxine) and read the botom line or, reading file caracteristics written during multiplexing by tcmplex and mplex (my script generates both);

I know this is not an vcdimager problem, but i think i affects it's users...

Thanks to anyone that could help.

Edson.