Re: ./configure error while I was building octave-3.4.0 on openSUSE 11.3

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: ./configure error while I was building octave-3.4.0 on openSUSE 11.3 (i586)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:57:26 -0600

On 21 February 2011 11:00, b612x <address@hidden> wrote:

> configure: WARNING: I couldn't find -ltermcap, -lterminfo, -lncurses,
> -lcurses, or -ltermlib!
> checking for rl_set_keyboard_input_timeout in -lreadline... no
> configure: WARNING: I need GNU Readline 4.2 or later
> configure: error: this is fatal unless you specify --disable-readline
>
> Do I need any particular version of readline library, or another package or
> library?

I don't know if this is good advice, because I don't how SuSE packages
are usually obtained. You want a package that says something like
"readline-devel". When I looked on duckduckgo.com, I found

http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/11107272/dir/opensuse/com/readline-devel-5.2-141.16.x86_64.rpm.html

HTH,
- Jordi G. H.