./configure error while I was building octave-3.4.0 on openSUSE 11.3 (i5

From: b612x
Subject: ./configure error while I was building octave-3.4.0 on openSUSE 11.3 (i586)
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 13:07:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi there,

Last week I had some troubles with my debian OS on my gateway laptop, so I
decided to migrate to openSUSE 11.3 (i586). Today I'm trying to build
octave-3.4.0 on openSUSE 11.3, but I have the following errors.

Apropos, I've added a compressed file of config.log.
http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n3307647/config.log.tar.gz
config.log.tar.gz

Do you have any idea how to get this error corrected.?
Thanks in advance.

hecking whether closedir returns void... no
checking for struct group.gr_passwd... no
checking for tputs in -lncurses... no
checking for tputs in -lcurses... no
checking for tputs in -ltermcap... no
checking for tputs in -lterminfo... no
checking for tputs in -ltermlib... no
configure: WARNING: I couldn't find -ltermcap, -lterminfo, -lncurses,
-lcurses, or -ltermlib!
checking for rl_set_keyboard_input_timeout in -lreadline... no
configure: WARNING: I need GNU Readline 4.2 or later
configure: error: this is fatal unless you specify --disable-readline
linux-02p5:/home/b612/Downloads/octave-3.4.0 #