Re: ./configure error while I was building octave-3.4.0 on openSUSE 11.3

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: ./configure error while I was building octave-3.4.0 on openSUSE 11.3 (i586)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 20:08:39 +0000 (GMT)

On Feb 17, 2011, at 02:57 PM, b612x <address@hidden> wrote:

I've tried with:
# zypper in --dry-run -tsrcpackage octave
Retrieving repository 'openSUSE-11.3-Update' metadata [done]
Building repository 'openSUSE-11.3-Update' cache [done]
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

The following source package is going to be installed:
octave

0 new packages to install.
Overall download size: 11.5 MiB. After the operation, additional 11.5 MiB
will be used.
Continue? [y/n/?] (y): y

But nothing happened, so I've built it with: ./configure --disable-readline
Now it seems that it's working quite nice, but I have a minor malfunction
when I'm trying to browse old commands with up and down arrows, the
following output is obtained:
octave:2> ^[[A^[[B^[[A^[[B^C

I guess the reason of this trouble is related with the readline library, but
I have no idea.
Do you have any suggestion how to get this malfunction corrected.?
Thanks in advance.

You'll need to install readline and build octave again without disabling readline.

Ben