Re: mkoctfile and C

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: mkoctfile and C
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:52:43 -0600

On 21 February 2011 11:37, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> Wrapping the Octave headers in C doesn't make much sense to me as
> there are many things in there that can't be expressed directly in C.

You'd be surprised just how far OOP in C can go. GTK+ is a good
example of OOP in C. After all, almost all C++ constucts were written
in order to replace or codify as a compiler feature some C equivalent.

Not that I would personally want to write C wrappers for the Octave
headers, just saying that it is theoretically possible while at the
same time retaining most of the flavour of the C++ version.

- Jordi G. H.