Re: Compiling Octave for Mac OSX 1.6.x

From: michaeldzjap
Subject: Re: Compiling Octave for Mac OSX 1.6.x
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 00:51:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi Ben,

Thanks for your help, but I feel even more at a loss right now...

I am not at all an 'expert' when it comes to compiling an installing
applications from the source, so forgive my ignorance. However, I find all
the different instructions about how to build octave and it's dependencies
that are floating around very confusing... The instructions in the
README.MacOS differ significantly from those found at
http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?OctaveForMac. For instance on the latter, the
./configure command often has an argument of --prefix=/usr/local for the
dependencies while in the former (the fftw3 example) this has dissapeared
completely.

I would like to make a fresh start and begin the whole process of building
all dependencies from scratch, but how do I make sure my settings are clean?
(i.e. how can I invert all steps undertaken from following
http://wiki.octave.org/wiki.pl?OctaveForMac if this is even possible)

Thanks,

Michael