Re: Compiling Octave for Mac OSX 1.6.x

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Compiling Octave for Mac OSX 1.6.x
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 08:05:51 -0500

On Feb 21, 2011, at 1:49 AM, michaeldzjap wrote:

> I managed to clean up /usr/local. I was able to deduce what could be deleted
> based on date and everything seems to work fine after this thusfar.
>
> If the instructions for how to build the latest Octave for OSX 1.6.x could
> be updated somewhere in the future, I would very much appreciate this. Until
> then, I think I will postpone my ventures in Octave. Maybe if I can find
> some spare time I will try again.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> gr.
>
> Michael

If you ...

(1) install the AT&T gfortran mentiond in the README.MacOS
(2) install the dependencies mentioned on the web site (not the gfortran)
(3) follow the build instructions mentioned in the README.MacOS
        - configure
        - make

Then I expect you'll be successful. If you try, please keep notes as to what
you've done.

Ben