Re: warning message in Octave-3.2.4

From: Moo
Subject: Re: warning message in Octave-3.2.4
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:10:00 -0700

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 8:54 AM, Hutchins, David J <address@hidden> wrote:

I just installed Octave-3.2.4 on a Windows server 2003 x64 server, however when running the examples from 1.2.5 I get the warning:

warning: isstr is obsolete and will be removed from a future version of Octave,

please use ischar instead

Is this normal?

<...>

Thanks, Dave

It's just a warning to get you in the habit to use the ischar() instead of isstr() function, and change any scripts/functions you have to use ischar() instead of isstr(), since isstr() will be removed in a future version.  So yes, it's normal if isstr() showed up somewhere in the example scripts.