Re: gcj inner class syntax sugar.

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: gcj inner class syntax sugar.
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 16:52:17 -0500

%% Steve Pribyl <address@hidden> writes:

  sp> But that is not really the problem at had.

Sorry, but I don't see the problem... just the makefile.

  sp> %.o:%.class
  sp>      $(GCJ) -c -o '$@' $(GCJFLAGS) '$<'

  sp> %_g.o:%.class
  sp>      $(GCJ) -c -o '$@' $(GCJFLAGS) '$<'

Note you really want these to appear in the opposite order.  By having
them in this order the second one will never be used.  Although I guess
since they're identical in terms of flags, really they're completely
redundant.  You should just remove the %_g.o one and call it good.

  sp> GCJ_BOOT_JAVA_PARTS=$(shell find ../com -name "*.class")
  sp> GCJ_BOOT_PARTS=$(GCJ_BOOT_JAVA_PARTS:.class=.o)

As Boris pointed out you need to use simple variables (:=) here instead
of recursive variables.  That will very likely solve your problem
completely.