help-gsasl

Potential bug in win32 binary version?

From: Daniel Armyr
Subject: Potential bug in win32 binary version?
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 08:26:29 +0100

Hi.
I attempted to secure an existing program win32  by adding gsasl as the
authentication process. Everything works fine, but we suddenly realized that
the challenge strings are allways identical. Is this a known bug?

Here is a sample code snippet so show the problem:

char  password[40];
Gsasl *ctx;
Gsasl_session *session;
char *p;

gsasl_init (&ctx);
gsasl_server_start (ctx,"CRAM-MD5",&session); gsasl_property_set (session,
GSASL_AUTHID, "admin" ); gsasl_property_set (session, GSASL_PASSWORD,
password ); gsasl_step64( session, "", &p );

In this case, p is allways exactly the same string every time. Anyone see
the problem?

Sincerely
Daniel Armyr.