Re: $EDITOR to open at file end?

From: Alexis
Subject: Re: $EDITOR to open at file end?
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 13:17:23 +1100

On 2015-03-07T11:57:38+1100, Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> said:

BP> Bob Proulx wrote:

>> Emanuel Berg wrote: > Alexis writes: > > Here's another >> possible kludge: > >... > emacs FILE --eval "(goto-char >> (point-max))"

BP> I didn't mean to have been rude. Thank you both for the BP> suggestions!

Oh, well, i must apologise in turn, as i really should have written ';-)' instead of ':-)' at the end of my previous message, as my code was rather tongue-in-cheek - sorry for not communicating that better!

i was actually testing possibilities with -Q in order to not load up my own config, which takes ~25s to work through; leaving it in the command line i shared with you was an error on my part. And i usually run Emacs in daemon mode, which means i make use of emacsclient from the command line; but i didn't want to assume that was an option in your context ....

Glad that Emanuel was able to offer you a sensible suggestion!

Alexis.