Re: Has anyone actually built emacs 21.3 for SOLARIS (sparc)?

From: Dave Uhring
Subject: Re: Has anyone actually built emacs 21.3 for SOLARIS (sparc)?
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 10:46:43 -0500

On Mon, 26 May 2003 13:13:59 +0000, David Combs wrote:

> Any ideas?

None, really.  I use gcc-3.2.2 built from source using gcc from the
Solaris 9 Software Companion CD; then I pkgrm'd SFWgcc and all of its
dependencies and I no longer have /opt/sfw.

Since Sun chose to add its supported free software in /usr/sfw that is
where I placed the rest of the free software built from source on this
system.

Solaris 9 -does not- "but solaris-NINE wants it in /opt/sfw   (I believe
that's who wanted it there, not me)".  If you did a complete install of
Solaris 9 you will indeed find much free software in /usr/sfw.

I built emacs-21.3 again and saved all of the output of the configure
script and make and will send it to you via email.  Perhaps you can see
from that where your problems lie.