Re: Has anyone actually built emacs 21.3 for SOLARIS (sparc)?

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: Has anyone actually built emacs 21.3 for SOLARIS (sparc)?
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 22:49:58 +0000 (UTC)

In article <pan.2003.05.26.15.46.39.270236@yahoo.com>,
Dave Uhring <daveuhring@yahoo.com> wrote:
>On Mon, 26 May 2003 13:13:59 +0000, David Combs wrote:
>
>> Any ideas?
>
>None, really.  I use gcc-3.2.2 built from source using gcc from the
>Solaris 9 Software Companion CD; then I pkgrm'd SFWgcc and all of its
>dependencies and I no longer have /opt/sfw.
>
>Since Sun chose to add its supported free software in /usr/sfw that is
>where I placed the rest of the free software built from source on this
>system.
>
>Solaris 9 -does not- "but solaris-NINE wants it in /opt/sfw   (I believe

Aaarrgh!  You're right (as usual).  There's TWO sfw's!

Above, you said you built, from source, gcc, and got rid
of SFWgcc and all it's dependencies.

That I understand.

The "and I no longer have /opt/sfw." -- how did that dissappear?
Presumably not via "and all it's dependencies", but by
deliberate pkgrm of everything there, and then rm -r of /opt/sfw.

But why?  There's a HUGE amount of software in /opt/sfw?

I ask because I've gotten to know you well enough to know
that you always (it seems) have really good reasons for whatever
you do.

-----

Suppose you hadn't deleted all of /opt/sfw/, except for the
gcc package there.

What sfw-stuff would you then have on your PATH and LDFLAGS?
Both of them -- every /usr/sfw/... would perhaps be paired with
a /opt/sfw/...?