gwhere-discussion

Re: Re[2]: [GWhere-discussion] Encoding under Windows and Linux

From: Zero
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [GWhere-discussion] Encoding under Windows and Linux
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 17:31:36 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Vladislav and list,

On Mer 17 mai 2006 11:02, fuzzy2 a écrit :
> Hello, Zero.
>
>>How did you install GWhere under GNU/Linux ?
> I had installed GWhere from rpm package. (I got it from rpmfind.net)
>
>>I think that russians letters are only supported with GTK+ 2.x. So you
>>should install GWhere from sources with theses commands lines :
>>./configure --enable-gtk20
>>make
>>make install
>
> I have made all described actions successfully. After re-installation
> GWhere from sources I got following behaviour:
>
> 1. I still see only '?' signs instead of all russian text in catalog (that
> was created under Windows).
The GWhere catalogs are not encoded with the UTF-8 encoding. So I think
this is the problem... :-/
I'm going to see what I can do.

> 2. No I can type russian letters under Linux (I can't do it before). But
> it doesn't helps. If I try to create catalog with russian name then
> program didn't respond to 'OK' key in window 'New catalog'. (If catalog
> name is in english than all is ok). If I try to add CD with russian
> description than program suggest me to ender disk description and accepts
> only english description again (If I typed in russian description then
> window with question appeared again).
>
> Could you give me some more advices?
> Or may be I can help you to test this behaviour?
Could you send me a sample catalog created under MS Windows with russian
description please ? If you prefer, you can send me a catalog to my
personal email address.

--
Best regards,

Zero
Maintainer,

GWhere - Another way to manage your catalogs!!
http://www.gwhere.org