gwhere-discussion

Re: [GWhere-discussion] Project current status

From: zero
Subject: Re: [GWhere-discussion] Project current status
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 00:05:39 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Piiti and list,

> on FreeBSD 6 - with my skills (./configure, make...) i was only able to
> install 0.1.6.
What is the problem encountered with the 0.2.1 version ?

> However, catalogs created on win32 0.2.1 can be used, so no prob, gwhere
> is my solution in a mixed env.
The file format has not changed between the 0.1.6 and the 0.2.1 versions.
So GWhere 0.1.6 can use the catalogs made with GWhere 0.2.1.

> //I wish i could test 0.3, and write feedbacks, requests, and send
> splash screens etc 2 U//
At time, two versions of GWhere are under development :
- 0.2.2 : optimizations, bugs fixes, new translation
- 0.3.0 : experimental version with only GTK+ 2.x and libglade

The 0.3.0 version fails under GNU/Linux. :-( The dynamic load of callbacks
functions fails under this operating system. Whereas it runs well under MS
Windows. :-/

Thank you very for your interest in GWhere. I could give you an access to
the 0.3.0 (under development) version when it will be more stable. ;-)
So I hope to solve quickly your trouble with the 0.2.1 version.
--
Best regards,

Zero
Maintainer,

GWhere - Another way to manage your catalogs!!
http://www.gwhere.org