guix-devel

Re: Emacs next variants

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: Emacs next variants
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2023 16:39:49 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, 10 Mar 2023 at 16:04, Cayetano Santos <csantosb@inventati.org> wrote:

> Fine with me, even if to me emacs-next means latest from master,
> including tree-sitter. You decide to use the feature, or not.

Just to be sure we are on the same wavelength. :-)

The package emacs-next is not currently following "master" and instead
is following the branch Emacs 29 -- the next release of Emacs.  As far
I know, this branch does not contain the feature Tree-sitter.
Instead, the feature Tree-sitter is in the branch "master", which will
be branched later as Emacs 30 and somehow will be the next next
release of Emacs.

Cheers,
simon