Re: [Groff] condition: OR of two string comparisons

From: hohe72
Subject: Re: [Groff] condition: OR of two string comparisons
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 21:50:47 +0100

I cannot see a benefit in anything other/new than the prefix indicator
that already exists. The concept is scalable and should be used. In
input.cpp the ifelse construct used for prefix chars, that should be
converted to a switch (I already did it), is equally to the switch used
for requests. To introduce bashism into groff is a wedding of two
complicated syntaxes. Programming is not a competition.

On the other side. One should first talk about the comparison. Will it
become part of the expression evaluation (usually numbers only yet),
will it use the available string comparing (maybe altered) or should a
completely new regex/raw c-string comparing happen (missing
groff-variables)?

The current string comparison isn't easy be transformed to variable
arguments behavior. It's fixed at two and therefore don't need to care
for an expression terminator.

BTW, the typology "extended" has void meaning!

Holger

Carsten Kunze <address@hidden> wrote (Sat, 15 Nov 2014 15:03:18
+0100 (CET)):