Re: [Groff] condition: OR of two string comparisons

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] condition: OR of two string comparisons
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 20:20:43 +0100 (CET)

> And .whilex?  If we've a new .ifx, which I think is a bit clunky, maybe
> we should bear in mind having a .elif and .else too that don't need the
> .ifx to be .iex.  (Or .elsif;  Python use elif, Perl elsif.  elsif at
> least sounds like `else if'.)

I could live with that.  It's a set of four or five new commands,
which I consider a minor issue.

> Plumping for (E; expr) leaves control structures as a separate thing to
> think about.

But (E; expr) would cover only a minor subset of possible improvements
– it would be still necessary to provide backwards compatibility.

A new new `if' implementation, however, could assign the standard
precendence values to operators, provide a richer set of operators,
etc., etc.