gpsd-users

Re: COEX GPS (model UBX-M8030 IC) on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2018 connect

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: COEX GPS (model UBX-M8030 IC) on Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 2018 connection issues
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2021 11:12:23 -0700

Yo Aranza!

On Wed, 21 Jul 2021 22:05:46 -0700
Aranza Shaccid Leon <leon18@pnw.edu> wrote:

> Hello and good evening!
>
> I apologize, I forgot to send my copy and paste of what I did.
>
> pi@clover-1060:~ $ sudo su -
>
> SSH is enabled and the default password for the 'pi' user has not been
> changed.
> This is a security risk - please login as the 'pi' user and type
> 'passwd' to set
>                     a new password.

Listen when your system complains to you.

> root@clover-1060:~# cd /var/tmp
> root@clover-1060:/var/tmp# wget
> https://secure-web.cisco.com/1kTP_vgQBM5MZUSUBbI84sA_To4pcs8ZXsgpOeO9dADrpTx2xXanSo6My8LTG_iSBJPQqGjZCRHOL-DD11r2hb_ZbWg33um3nIGEuTNSxTPYPLdNGxb7-s-lJxi5miKJt0M4I-ToOYmVzfvlxTq8ess-6ja0Kpy7eVrEUD3BeDuzi86Zqbxin0x9YgujuDsxt12tvUIQJ17bBZw_Um2TdcY1z9AMMmPtP_GEoyTYKjxMBwOyPbMT1zmWUgG1WP5w0pkS9S_ssI-DwoTta-fRo49bYh1Qel4qJquO7MiBS63iO5_2H1vPl3bdSHGjY-7fdfIgV4JXqxoVASIxDUk75PqplUSl9prRKPcQLlA5D_p5mJMu3tXvL1B-gyfKP5YdqWyDr3zUXEc5wK6WXqJX-9sbaAOSod1-CrXAGalWrweyUdti2LljCPX7Gt6rhQSgORDvf-eNm1vS6HDf6sqthMg/https%3A%2F%2Fgpsd.io%2Fgpsdebuginfo

That is most certainly 100% NOT the link you were sent!  My guess is
some "anit-virus" is corrupting your email.

See the list archive for what I actually sent:

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gpsd-users/2021-07/msg00036.html

The URL was: https[colon][slash][slash]gpsd[dot]io[slash]gpsdebuginfo

Before you do mmuch else you should figure out why what I sent is not
what you are getting.

> Saving to: ‘https:%2F%2Fgpsd.io%2Fgpsdebuginfo’
>
> https:%2F%2Fgpsd.io%2Fgpsdebuginfo

Wrong saved file name due to munged URL.

> I'm noticing that it saved it to ‘https:%2F%2Fgpsd.io%2Fgpsdebuginfo’
> instead of just gpsdebuginfo. May I ask how I would correct this?

Get a new eail address.  Or shoot your email admin.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588