gpsd-users

Re: gpsd ignores Galileo satellites

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: gpsd ignores Galileo satellites
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2020 12:00:37 -0800

Yo Filip!

On Mon, 30 Nov 2020 20:36:02 +0100
Filip Jan Kubicz <filip.kubicz@tier.app> wrote:

> Thanks for checking. I've seen you have done some fixes for Quectel
> NMEA parsing in git head and I hoped this will cover the problem I
> see, but unfortunately this looks like something else.

Yup.

> The documentation for this device is on Quectel website:
> https://www.quectel.com/ProductDownload/LC79D.html
> There you can find the spec with the description of NMEA output.

No.  There is nothing there on $PGLOR,

Just enough in there on $xxGSV to show me it is not NMEA.  And the GSV
documented there does not match the GSV you sent me.

So, a tad better than we have seen before, but nothing like what we need
to know about what they are sending.

RGDS
GARY
        gem@rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588