gpsd-users

Re: listen on specific network interfaces

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: listen on specific network interfaces
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 10:47:59 -0700

Yo Tor!

On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 09:34:06 +0200
Tor Rune Skoglund <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Never gonna happen.  Please don't spem this list.
> Sorry for that. I always delete my "commercial" default signature on
> mailinglists, but obviously missed the last line this time.

Signatures I understand, but that was at the TOP of your message...

> > Back to your original point, I would look at any MR on this,
> > whatever it is (interfaces, IPs, etc.).  If only to put this issue
> > behind us as it keep popping up.
>
> Our suggestion is to have to option to specify which IPs to bind to,
> e.g. using something like
>
> -I <comma-separated-list-of-ip-addresses>

That could work.  Or multiple "-I <ip>".

As Greg mentioned: IPv4 and IPv6.

Extra credit for host names.

Then you have to decide if it is a fail and exit if those IPs can not
be grabbed, or some sort of fall-back.

> As said, we want to help to get this done, but if someone else steps
> in, that would also be very fine.

Been on some peoples wish list a long time.  Zero progress.  I doubt
anyone else will beat you to this one.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588