gpsd-users

Re: listen on specific network interfaces

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: listen on specific network interfaces
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 12:56:12 -0700

Yo Tor!

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 08:27:42 +0200
Tor Rune Skoglund <address@hidden> wrote:

> *Follow us on LinkedIn <http://bit.ly/fourcli>, Facebook
> <http://bit.ly/fourcfb> and Twitter <http://bit.ly/fourctw>!*

Never gonna happen.  Please don't spem this list.

> > This is UNIX: do one thing do it well.  gpsd does GNSS well.  Leave
> > the firewall stuff to the firewall people.
>
> I see your point, Gary, but there are situations where
> firewall/iptables settings do not necessarily easily apply,

Really?  Since you mention iptables, instead of nftables, time for
you to go study modern firewall tech.  Or hire a fire guru for
30 minutes.

> like when
> using various types of container solution with shared networking and
> such. Therefore, the option to specify specific ip addresses or
> interfaces til listen on would be good to have.

Really?  I'm sure there are many people on this list that would have
no troubles solving this with a few lines of nft.

Back to your original point, I would look at any MR on this, whatever
it is (interfaces, IPs, etc.).  If only to put this issue behind us as
it keep popping up.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588