gpsd-users

Re: listen on specific network interfaces

From: Tor Rune Skoglund
Subject: Re: listen on specific network interfaces
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 16:18:54 +0200

Den 15.04.2020 15:08, skrev Greg Troxel:
Steffen Sledz <address@hidden> writes:

According to the manpage the -G flag enables listening on all
addresses (INADDR_ANY) rather than just the loop back
(INADDR_LOOPBACK) address. This is unfortunately a little too
unspecific for us.

Is it possible to specify specific interfaces to listen on?
I believe you would have to implement such a feature.

Typically people who want to do what I'm guessing you want to do (you
didn't really explain) would use firewall configuration.

If I recall correctly (80% odds I wrote or suggested the patch for -G),
this is just flipping the address from INADDR_ANY to INADDR_LOOPBACK in
the bind call.  But you can read the code to see.
Actually, my company has on our TODO-list to provide such a patch, but we haven't found time for it yet. It was discussed briefly on the mailing list about half a year ago or so.

If someone else has time, it would be great.

Best regards,

Tor Rune Skoglund,