gpsd-users

Re: Gpsd clear fix and merge fix

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: Gpsd clear fix and merge fix
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020 18:04:10 -0700

Yo raaj!

On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 08:55:03 +0800
raaj lokanathan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Does this causes the NaN values?

Depends on what you mean by 'cause'.  I would say the opposite,
all data is NAN, until something causes it to not be NAN.

> Are there any ways to not to use the isfinite checking in my
> application?

Sure.  Many.  Always a dozen ways to do anything in C.  You could let
the NAN show to the user.  You could use printf to put the NAN in a
string, then string check for the string "NAN'.  But isfinite() is the
easiest and most obvious.

> Because I believe  since gpsd already done the isfinite
> checking when it store it into the structure why it has to do the
> checking in the application too?

Sigh.  We have gone over this many times before.  What was unclear
about my prior description in this email:

https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gpsd-users/2020-03/msg00186.html

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588