gpsd-users

Re: Gpsd clear fix and merge fix

From: raaj lokanathan
Subject: Re: Gpsd clear fix and merge fix
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 08:36:25 +0800

Could you explain what does the end of cycle detector means? Why is it only GGA has this? Because I am suspecting this is the root cause which gives me the value NaN.

On Fri, 3 Apr 2020 at 2:23 AM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo raaj!

On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 11:13:48 +0800
raaj lokanathan <address@hidden> wrote:

> But why I have to do the same checking in my application layer too?

Because that is the way it is.

> Isn't the gpsd supposed to already handle the NaN and store the track
> information.

Yes, but it has to store NAN what it has NO track information.

> Then when my libgps request it I can directly get the
> values from the gps data structure without having a second check in
> my application layer.

Yes, and those empty values will be NAN.

> Please correct me if I am wrong about this.

I keep trying.  But his is the LAST try.  It is what it is, deal with
it.

> If that's the case every
> application has to do the NaN checking?

Every application in C or C++.

> This is how my application is outputting the track information now

Without your code, your output is useless.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588

Thanks and regards,