gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpsrinex: collecting one 24h GPS-day?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpsrinex: collecting one 24h GPS-day?
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 12:36:31 -0400

Collecting overlong and trimming seems more likely to get you what you
want.

Keep in mind that teqc is not open source, and is thus not portable.
Probably more importantly for most, it is no longer being maintained and
the future is very unclear.   But it seems almost certain that there
will be tools to munge RINEX around, since so many need them.
(emacs might even work - I haven't tried.)

Also, it would be nice if gpsrinex could take a start  time.  I am
unclear on if "-i 30" lines up to gps times N, such that N % 30 is
reliably 0.   The man page doesn't say this, and I'm not sure you need
it, but if you are OCD enough to want PPP (as you should be!),
presumably you'd want everything to be as in order as nonhumanly
possible, even if you're not sure exactly why :-)