gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpsrinex: collecting one 24h GPS-day?

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpsrinex: collecting one 24h GPS-day?
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2019 09:57:17 -0700

Yo Anders!

On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 19:16:41 +0300
Anders Wallin <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm getting started with PPP experiments using an u-box F9T.

Fun.

> Is there a mechanism for collecting one 24h calendar day
> (GPS-timescale) into a RINEX file?
> gpsrinex -i 30 -n 2880
> will do roughly what I want,

Yup, that does it.

> but do I have to rely on cron to trigger
> this at the right time (system time is UTC, so the UTC-day is 18s
> offset from the GPS day I want in the RINEX file...)

Why bother?  What is important is to get on cycle of GPS orbits.
Every sat returns to the same position every 12 hours.  There is
no "start" time for satellites, they just keep turning.

As a practical matter, anything after 4 hours gives very small incremental
improvment.  Past that any multiple of 12 hours is best.  Most PPP
services will not accept more than 24h or 48 hours of data.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588