Re: [Gomp-discuss] Example openMP programs.

From: Steven Bosscher
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Example openMP programs.
Date: 21 Feb 2003 17:05:55 +0100

Op vr 21-02-2003, om 13:35 schreef Lars Segerlund:

>   What do you think about a separate parser for the 'foo bar baz' part ?
>
>   i.e. we can make an openMP directive parser, then we only ( tm ;-) ),
> have to drop it into the handling of the pragma ? ( I seem to recall
> that gcc has a macro to register a handler for a builtin pragma ? ).
>
>   Or is this to simple ( i.e. I am missing something ? )

You're missing the fact that we need to be able to "look around" and see
in what context we are for the OpenMP pragmas.  That's the whole point,
that's what makes them different from the pragmas already implemented in
GCC.

GCC has separate parser for 'foo bar baz' now (one could say that was
what I was working on).  But that Will Just Not Work (tm) for OpenMP
pragmas.

Greetz
Steven