[Gomp-discuss] Decision about semaphores ..

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: [Gomp-discuss] Decision about semaphores ..
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 11:01:31 +0100

I am trying to write some semaphores for the fork/join of threads, ( more specificly the join ), and I have the decision on using primitives from POSIX threads, or an asm macro using native instructions in the target cpu to do atomic updates.

 What is the opinion on this among you people ?

The native instruction approach is FAST, however it would be easier to support different architectures by using the threading lib ?

 It's just the overhead of the join and such that concerns me.

 / Lars Segerlund.