RE: [Gomp-discuss] Further thoughts on OpenMP functions

From: Scott Robert Ladd
Subject: RE: [Gomp-discuss] Further thoughts on OpenMP functions
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:44:11 -0500

SRL> I suspect the best ones to start with are:
SRL>
SRL> int omp_get_num_threads(void);
SRL> int omp_get_max_threads(void);
SRL> int omp_get_thread_num(void);
SRL> int omp_get_num_procs(void);
SRL> int omp_in_parallel(void);

SB> Missing:
SB> void omp_set_num_threads (int; /* Or whatever its definition is.  */

I'm not sure we need to set the number of threads initially; for the first
cut, I'm assuming we have the compiler decide how many threads to create.

I was planning on starting from the stubs in the OpenMP Standard, converting
them to "proper" gcc coding style and comments.

However, I don't think it's terribly difficult to implement, either. ;)

..Scott