Re: [Gomp-discuss] The tree nodes ...

From: Steven Bosscher
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] The tree nodes ...
Date: 10 Feb 2003 16:10:13 +0100

Op ma 10-02-2003, om 16:00 schreef Diego Novillo:
> My suggestion is to keep implementing the FE changes to accept
> OMP #pragmas.  We can make our lives simpler by initially
> accepting a subset of all the OMP pragmas.  For instance, we
> could start with just the pragmas that mark parallel loops,
> parallel sections and private/shared variables.

Okeydokey. I haven't worked much on the thing I had, but I hope to spend
some time tomorrow night to finish up a few pragmas.  If we can pick a
few we actually want to implement, then we can hoop up the pragma
"parser" with the front end(s).

> Also, let's not get caught up in a debate about the OpenMP
> standard and whether or not it will be accepted in mainline GCC.
> Let's just implement something that has value, once we have
> something concrete to show we can cross the next bridge.  No
> point having vacuous flamewars.

Man! So much *reason* in your words.  You'll never be a US presidential
candidate with such behaviour :-)

Greetz
Steven