Re: [Gomp-discuss] Re: Implementing OpenMP pragmas for the C frontend

From: Lars Segerlund
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] Re: Implementing OpenMP pragmas for the C frontend
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 09:48:25 +0100

This is is not to be taken as official - it is just my
opinion, which is uninformed (and I don't have time enough
to learn very much about it).

Perhaps you should take the time to get informed, before wasting other peoples time and perhaps consideer that some of these people are quite well informed, also conisder that here are people willing to make an effort to support 'multi threading' or 'native parallallism' in gcc, which if you had a look at most modern systems might be of major importance to gcc and the free community.

Perhaps something as simple as reading openmp's homepage should give a hint as to which institutions have contributed to the standard, ( which I believe is quite minimalistic and good as far as standards go ). You would discover that a lot of people working on scientific computing have been involved, and they can not all be idiots , ( exept Meee ! ;-) ).

 Lighten up, more speed is good news !

 / cheerio, Lars Segerlund