Re: [Gomp-discuss] gomp and where to start.

From: Steven Bosscher
Subject: Re: [Gomp-discuss] gomp and where to start.
Date: 05 Feb 2003 11:43:38 +0100

Op wo 05-02-2003, om 10:42 schreef Lars Segerlund:

>   I think I was unclear ( again :-) ), I thought that we could have
> private copies of tree.{def,c,h} and so on , and use the path to overide
> the default places the build system searches for it, in this way we
> could live in our own subdir and would have considerably less troble
> keeping the tree's in sync ( cvs trees ).

The changes we're looking at are not that big, you know.

I have the following changes right now for the C front end:
 Makefile.in         |    3
 flags.h             |    3
 toplev.c            |    5 +
 tree.h              |   12 ++
 c-openmp.c          |  174 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 197 insertions(+)

c-openmp.c is the #pragma handler.  It'll need some minor changes to
some more c-* files (c-pragma, c-semantics, etc.) but in all I don't
think we'll have to touch more than 12 files or so in the C front end.
For the C++ front end it's probably even less.  Most changes will
probably go into new files anyway, and those never cause merge trouble
:-)

Diego said he'll do the merge, *and* he's willing to work on the
middle-end; he shouldn't have much trouble merging his own work.

So the change sets are small enough that I think merging one CVS branch
with the other will be quite easy.

The advantages of using CVS need no explaining I suppose.

Greetz
Steven