Re: [gnugo-devel] auto generated regression tests

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] auto generated regression tests
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 09:47:14 -0700

Gunnar wrote:

> I propose the following change of field names in struct dragon_data:
>
> status -> crude_status
> matcher_status -> status
>
> to better reflect their current use. Then the meaning of the different

I put up a patch implementing this change at:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/patches/status_names_3_6.1

> This should probably be rewritten today using the matcher_status field
> of the dragon_data struct. (The function predates the matcher_status
> field and, as can be deduced from a comment, was written while the owl
> code was still an experimental option.)

In this case it seems that the gtp function matcher_status should
replace dragon_status. (Of course it would be renamed.) After the
patch matcher_status_3_6.2 allowing it to take a parameter its
functionality includes that of dragon_status.

One issue is that as written matcher_status returns statuses in
uppercase while dragon_status returns statuses in lowercase. We
would have to standardize this.

It seems better to me to use uppercases.

The gtp function dragon_status is used in ld_owl.tst and a few
other regressions. Where else is it used?

I think it is not used by gnugoclient but the gtp function
gtp_final_status_list is used, and that function returns
statuses in lowercase.

Dan