Re: [gnugo-devel] auto generated regression tests

From: Gunnar Farneback
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] auto generated regression tests
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 23:14:29 +0200

Dan wrote:
> In this case it seems that the gtp function matcher_status should
> replace dragon_status. (Of course it would be renamed.) After the
> patch matcher_status_3_6.2 allowing it to take a parameter its
> functionality includes that of dragon_status.

Not quite. If a dragon is critical, dragon_status also returns an
attack point and a defense point (if such are known, which they always
are today). A more serious merge is needed.

> One issue is that as written matcher_status returns statuses in
> uppercase while dragon_status returns statuses in lowercase. We
> would have to standardize this.
>
> It seems better to me to use uppercases.

> I didn't give a rationale for this. The rationale is that ALIVE, DEAD, ...
> is what is used in the source code.

I disagree. It's better to continue with lower case since we already
use that in the dragon_status command. Generally I prefer to avoid
all-caps words, except where such are established practice, such as in
C macros.

/Gunnar