Re: [gnugo-devel] auto generated regression tests

From: bump
Subject: Re: [gnugo-devel] auto generated regression tests
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 08:51:06 -0700

> attached are a collection of games and regression tests.  They all are
> based on matcher_status inconsistencies from the matcher_check.pl script.
> Expected passes are marked relative to gnugo 3.2, however gnugo 3.3.5
> gains at least one test.  Some of these I have analyzed and put in checks
> on owl_attack, etc, but most are just based on dragon_status.  I'm not
> sure all the tests are correct (I may have read things wrong), so someone
> else should probably look them over.

As a general comment, the dragon_status is not a very important
field. Probably these tests should be in terms of either
matcher_status or owl tests. The dragon status is a very
rough approximation which is superceded by the owl status
if the owl status is not UNCHECKED. So the dragon status
can be wrong and the owl status correct, and we don't
care about such cases.

It will be helpful if gnugo -T generates a diagram for the
matcher status. A patch which makes this change is at:

http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/patches/status_3_6.1

Since three diagrams are generated the dragon status diagram
scrolls off the page unless you use a very small font.

This will definitely be a useful experiment. More later.

Dan