[open-cobol-list] Re: [Cobolforgcc-devel] Re: COBOL utilities project

From: Tim Josling
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Re: [Cobolforgcc-devel] Re: COBOL utilities project
Date: Fri Jun 14 20:31:03 2002

> What I would to see is an OpenISAM project with the following criteria.
> - XOpen ISAM standard conformity.
> - Low level concurrence file locking.
>
> If there are any volunteers who would like to work on this project, then
> the project is all your.
>
> David Essex

I agree.

This is a technically interesting and challenging project, but it does not
require people to learn gcc or assembler or other horrors.

Building a reliable fast multi-user indexed file system is non trivial.

A good sort utility would be another good discrete project, the unix sort
utility not quite being up to it.

Tim Josling