[open-cobol-list] Re: [Cobolforgcc-devel] Re: open-cobol-0.9.6

From: Tim Josling
Subject: [open-cobol-list] Re: [Cobolforgcc-devel] Re: open-cobol-0.9.6
Date: Fri Jun 14 03:40:02 2002

David Essex wrote:

> At 01:47 PM 13/06/02 +0900, Keisuke Nishida wrote:
>
> > At Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:40:17 -0400, David Essex wrote:
> >> In my view the above are relatively independent projects which could easily
> >> be shared between projects.
> > Right.  Should we start a new project, like cobol-utils, which
> > shares common utilities, libraries, and test suites?
>
> Sounds OK to me.

Sounds great to me.

I was intending to steal your runtime later on anyway so this makes it formal.
A few questions:

Licence? LGPL would be good.

Can we make the code

A) front-end agnostgic. No 'int display_number (struct tiny_cobol_number *
n);' types of things
B) ANSI C?

What coding standards would you propose, if any? I am used to gcc where they
are very fussy about fullstops on comments and all. Maybe that is over the top
but I do find it very useful to have a comment at top of file and before a
function saying what it is for.

I subscribe to tiny-cobol so no need to reply beyond there...

Tim Josling