[open-cobol-list] NIST Test Suite

From: Keisuke Nishida
Subject: [open-cobol-list] NIST Test Suite
Date: Sat Jun 15 02:03:02 2002

Hi,

I have somehow arranged my NIST-test supporting tools for TinyCOBOL:

  http://www.nurs.or.jp/~knishida/cobol-testsuite.tar.gz

See README in the subdirectory `cobol85' for usage.
If you run the test, test reports will be stored in report.txt
for each test module.

Would you like it?

At Sat, 15 Jun 2002 07:52:25 +1000,
Tim Josling wrote:

> > The first project will probably be the NIST test suite. Currently there are
> > two versions, one for TC and one for OC. Do you have any comments
> > suggestions on this ?
>
> I don't know enough to comment. I thought the NIST was supposed to be self
> extracting, so there should not be an issue. Just shows how much I don't know
> about this, I guess.

Their test archive is not self-extracting by itself.  We need some
supporting scripts that help extracting, as well as scripts that
summarize the test results.

By the way, NIST also distributes Embedded SQL Test Suite for
various languages, including COBOL:

  http://www.itl.nist.gov/div897/ctg/sql_form.htm

Did anyone try it?

Keisuke