gnuastro-devel

[task #15799] Add the autocomplete feature to gnuastro

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15799] Add the autocomplete feature to gnuastro
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 07:56:41 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #6, task #15799 (project gnuastro):

This is very good progress, thanks Pedram ;-)!

Also, the link was interesting, thanks! I'd love to read it in detail but I am
too busy these days :-(! I trust that you have read them and will follow the
best practices ;-). But IT IS GREAT to have the links here for future
reference, so please continue sharing relevant best practices here.

Another issue just occurred to me: the version of the host's Bash. For example
I know some recent macOS systems that come with the Bash of 2007!!!! So to
help in portability of the solution, please also check to see from when Bash
completion was available. And within the functions/scripts, we should also
avoid using too many recent shell constructs to help in the portability of
this work.

Let me know when the full option set of the Table program is complete and I'll
try it out and hopefully expand it to the other programs ;-).

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?15799>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/